Sunday, February 12, 2006

11) The Weight of Glory, CS Lewis

The Weight of Glory by CS Lewis.

Rating:
5/5 stars

Review:
I just love CS Lewis. He is probably my overall, all-time, absolute favorite author in the world. This book, The Weight of Glory, is a collection of essays:

  • The Weight of Glory
  • Learning in War-Time
  • Why I Am Not a Pacifist
  • Transposition
  • Is Theology Poetry?
  • The Inner Ring
  • Membership
  • On Forgiveness
  • A Slip Of The Tongue


"The Weight of Glory", the essay for which the book was titled, is by far the best. I want everyone I know to read it, it impacted me so much. It is worth buying the book just for that one essay.

If you only read 2 essays in the book, read "Is Theology Poetry?" as well. "On Forgiveness" is also great. "Why I Am Not a Pacifist" nearly defeated me, it is very long and somewhat scattered. All in all, a solid collection. I just wish it included "Myth Became Fact," another of my favorite Lewis essays. But you'd have to buy God In The Dock for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home