Tuesday, January 10, 2006

1) Carpe Jugulum , Terry Pratchett

First book of the new year: Terry's Pratchett's Carpe Jugulum.

Rating:
3.5/5 stars

Review:
Pratchett's Discworld series marches on, now numbering around 30 novel-length installments. They can be divided, as the amazon.com review says, into the "good" and the "brilliant". I think that Carpe Jugulum, while definitely better than Eric, is nowhere near as good as Small Gods, Mort, or Monstrous Regiment. It belongs firmly in the camp of "good", however, and is an enjoyable and very quick read that will make you laugh aloud, thus garnering suspicious glances from the other people on the plane with you... Not that that happened to me, of course.

This book is approximately the 20th Discworld book I've read, and happens to be the last unread Pratchett holdout on my bookshelf. So, unless I borrow, beg, buy or steal, you may not see any more Pratchett on the list for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home