Saturday, January 21, 2006

5) A Feast For Crows, George R. R. Martin

Book number five - A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin.

Rating:
4/5 stars

Review:
This book is the fourth installment in "A Song of Ice and Fire".

This is the first epic fantasy series (akin to Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time or Tad William's Otherland) that I've undertaken (I still haven't worked myself up to diving into Jordan's world). I can't recommend this series highly enough, but a few disclaimers.

Disclaimer the first: it is kind of hard to get into. I misliked about half of the first book, but work through it! It's totally worth it!

Disclaimer the second: all the books are incredibly long, to the tune of six or seven hundred page bruisers.

Disclaimer the third: GRRM is a pretty slow writer. This book was slated to be released nearly 2 years ago and just came out a few months ago.

Disclaimer the fourth: He doesn't do much background rehashing or any kind of synopsis, so I've found that I usually need to reread the others before starting on the newest, since there are so many characters and plots.

All disclaimers aside, if you like fantasy, read this series! It is really great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home