Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Last Hurrah

85) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
86) Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis
87) Brundibar, Tony Kushner
(hilariously illustrated by Maurice Sendak)
88) [the title of this book and its author I prefer to keep private,
but trust me, I read it]
89) Orthodoxy, G.K. Chesterton
90) The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C.S. Lewis
91) Caddie Woodlawn, Carol Ryrie Brink
92) The Silver Chair, C.S. Lewis
93) The Horse and His Boy, C.S. Lewis
94) The Magician's Nephew, C.S. Lewis
95) The Last Battle, C.S. Lewis
96) The Man who Was Thursday, G.K. Chesterton

Ah. So close.

Actually, it's all the fault of the Dushanbe airport. You see, the plan was to be back home at 5pm on December 31 -- plenty of time to read whatever was necessary to reach 100 from my extensive stack of children's literature. Delayed flights in Central Asia foiled my seemingly flawless scheme.

I could mention that I've probably read several small books here and there throughout the year which I neglected to write down AND that there are at least 4 books I'm halfway through right now . . . so . . . technically . . . if I wanted to make myself feel better . . .I could just say I made it to 100. But really, 96 is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, it leaves me something to top next year.

To quote Lewis in The Last Battle: farther up and farther in. Here's to 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home