Friday, January 26, 2007

5) Prince Caspian, CS Lewis

5) Prince Caspian, CS Lewis

I think I'll probably just finish the last few of the Chronicles, just for fun.

Another book I picked up recently is Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word" daily devotional. I loved her actual book by the same title, it really is more a topical volume noting scripture having to do with how to overcome different issues, such as depression, anxiety, pride, fear, anger, etc. I love it (so much that I gave away my first copy and bought myself a new one).

I seem to not be able to get out of the bookstore with spending, oh, a hundred dollars or so. I also picked up a copy of "Blue Like Jazz", Donald Miller's most popular book, to give as a gift, as well as The Intellectual's Devotional, which is (contrary to the way it sounds) not a religious book, but more like a "daily snippets of arcane knowledge", much like if you had a page of wikipedia sent to you daily. I've learned about french sculptors, uncelebrated holidays, and a comet so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home